The Queen is said to have missed church on Sunday 19 December to try and avoid the coronavirus from ruining her Christmas plans.
Queen Elizabeth, 95, is said to have cancelled her routine Sunday service commitments on the Windsor Castle estate to avoid the risk of becoming infected with the deadly virus.
The monarch, who's grandson Prince William is said to have "cut all socialising" so he can spend Christmas with her, is said to have opted to "cut down" on her social interactions, too.
She is expected to leave Windsor for the Sandringham Estate on Wednesday 22 December, which is where the monarch has traditionally spent Christmas with her family since 1988.
The Queen is expected to be joined by Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton with their children as well as Prince Andrew, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sophie Wessex and her family.
Meanwhile the Queen's cousins and nephews have also been invited to spend the festive period with the monarch.
A source told The Sun: "The Queen wants as many family members there as possible."
It will be Queen Elizabeth's first Christmas following the death of her husband Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh earlier this year.
Royal biographer Ingrid Seward said: "Since 1988 they’ve celebrated at Sandringham and, before that, Windsor.
"It’s a significant place for the Queen this year as it’s where her father died 70 years ago and where he spent his last weeks shooting.
"Also, without Philip at her side this year, it’s important that she should be there with the family and keep up a sense of normality.
"She must be so fed up with Windsor. It’s rather gloomy being surrounded by grey brick and she’s been there for so long that she will be keen to get away."
Meanwhile, it's also been expected that Covid will prevent Royals from greeting well-wishers after attending the annual Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham.
It comes after reports the Queen is expected to also cancel her traditional Christmas Day walkabout this year.
The royal walkabout usually sees hundreds of people head to Sandringham but latest reports suggest the Queen may cancel it amid Covid fears.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
A source told The Mirror: “Of course everyone would love everything back to normal – but the situation is anything but.”
The source said visitors may still be allowed on the Sandringham estate, but the famous footpath will be locked down.
For all the latest news on the Royal Family and much more, sign up to our daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article