Piers Morgan walks off after clash with Alex Beresford in 2021
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Piers Morgan has said he would rather work with his enemy Meghan Markle than Alex Beresford, 42, in a savage swipe at his former Good Morning Britain co-star. The 57-year-old made a swift exit from the show last year, following a debate with Alex over racism and Prince Harry’s wife.
Their difference in opinion sparked a heated argument and caused Piers to walk off set.
Minutes later, he came back and the pair calmy approached the subject again.
Despite the presenters seemingly settling their issues, Piers has now insisted he wouldn’t work with Alex again.
In his latest column with The Times, he reflected on his first six months fronting his show Uncensored on TalkTV.
He wrote: “The Mail on Sunday’s run a story headlined ‘Morgan’s revenge! Piers poaches all the best people from Good Morning Britain (he won’t be taking the weatherman!)’.
“It’s true that I’ve recruited many who helped make GMB such a hit, led by executive editor Winnie Dunbar Nelson, executive director Erron Gordon and series editor Ben Briscoe.
“And it’s also true that I’d rather be Meghan Markle’s publicist than work with Alex Beresford again.”
He went on to say he was pleased to be reunited with his long-term Daily Mirror PA Kerrie Hutton.
“It’s been 18 years since we worked together, and she’ll be an oasis of calm professionalism and cheery humour amid all the inevitable mayhem to come,” he added.
Piers reignited his feud with Alex earlier this year when he branded him “an idiot”.
Speaking on Lorraine, the journalist reflected on their heated debate which, at present, has had 12 million views on YouTube.
He told the host: “Apparently he was heard out the back rehearsing his lines.
Madonna’s daughter looks vision of her mother in sheer bodysuit [PICTURED]
Ant McPartlin threatens to ‘walk’ from I’m A Celeb as he rages at fans [WATCH]
Amanda Holden, 51, goes braless giving fans an eyeful in fitted frock [LATEST]
“Clearly wanted to have his little YouTube moment of fame, and that’s fine. I know he was planning a Hollywood career.
“I’m not quite sure how it’s going, I’ve not heard any updates.”
On walking off set, he went on to say: “I had a little time out because I wasn’t sure how I would respond if I stayed sitting there listening to that idiot giving me his two pennies worth.
“So I did walk back in and I did finish that show and then I was presented with a fait accompli and chose not to apologise and to leave. But I did have a great time.”
The debate was sparked by Prince Harry and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey last year.
Piers said he didn’t believe a word she said as she opened up about her time in the royal family.
The Duchess of Sussex claimed she was offered no help after telling “the firm” she felt suicidal and the pair also alleged that a family member had “concerns” about the colour of their son Archie’s skin.
Ofcom received more than 50,000 complaints about Good Morning Britain that day, with the majority saying Piers’ comments about mental health were “highly offensive” and “harmful to the audience”.
The presenter refused to apologise and subsequently left the show.
Source: Read Full Article