GMBs Dr Amir Khan forced to apologise after error sending practice into emergency mode

Dr Amir Khan slams No. 10's ‘excuse’ for lockdown party

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The popular TV doctor has been a whiz at reassuring concerned patients after spending an entire decade at the same Yorkshire clinic. However, with one wrong move recently, he inadvertently risked sending all of his staff into a blind panic.

Taking to Twitter yesterday afternoon, he revealed all about the blunder that sent everyone rushing into his room.

“I accidentally pressed the panic button in my room which is used in emergencies only e.g. a patient has collapsed,” he revealed sheepishly.

“It’s located under my desk and I knocked my head on it whilst trying to retrieve something off the floor.

“The whole practice arrived in my room, I have apologised!”

READ NOW: Harry Potter’s Jason Isaacs details ‘hatred’ towards Brexiteers

However, the best-selling author and This Morning veteran was probably relieved to discover that some of his almost 170,000 followers could relate to his mishap.

Responding to a selfie taken in his office with seemingly all of his frown lines activated, readers rushed in to share embarrassing moments of their own.

“I did that during a hospital stay in November visiting the loo,” cancer fighter @yvonnecollier1 admitted.

“’Just pull the lightcord when you’ve done and I’ll help you back’.

“Pulled the wrong cord, set the alarm off and had the entire ward staff banging on the door ‘Yvonne, are you ok? The alarm is going off’,” she groaned.

She added: “Also accidentally set the fire alarm off [email protected] once with a deodorant.

“Mid hospital evacuation, I open the bathroom door to a crowd of people staring into the bathroom, expecting to see flames and got me, completely red faced wondering what was going on.”

@mdyj74 chimed in: “Hope you switched to non aerosol now. Not good for those with breathing issues.

“My Nan set the alarm off in her shelters housing with air freshener after burning toast. 2 fire engines arrived.”

@SannanIqbalUK also reassured Dr Khan he was far from alone in his tendency for mishaps, confessing: “I remember being in a disabled toilet a few years ago and I accidentally set off the disabled alarm.

“Of course didn’t require any assistance but was certainly red faced when people came rushing in.”

@itsrebeccaMG suffered a similar mishap in a disabled toilet while caring for her stroke-afflicted father, sharing: “His stroke affected leg kicked & set off alarm so security at train station started rushing to open door!”

@andy_cheshire added: “This is nothing. I once leaned on an emergency stop, causing a whole food factory to grind to a halt.

“I didn’t know until someone came down from the control room to tell me!

“It took two shifts to dig out the mess I’d caused. Of course, no-one ever mentioned this to me again!

Meanwhile, @collettem71 simply joked to the GP of his staff: “Should have congratulated them all on a speedy response to your unannounced emergency drill!” (sic)

Source: Read Full Article