Brad Pitt talks finding 'joy' amid 'misery' after Angelina Jolie split, plus more news

Brad Pitt on how art helped him overcome pain following Angelina Jolie breakup

The work in Brad Pitt’s new sculpture exhibition in Tampere, Finland, grew out of the “misery” he experienced following his 2016 split from wife Angelina Jolie, the Oscar-winner tells Financial Times in a new interview. Nine of Brad’s sculptures are currently on view at the Sara Hildén Art Museum alongside work by his friends, British artist Australian musician Nick Cave and British artist Thomas Houseagoat. As Brad tells the Times, he started sculpting at Thomas’ studio in the months after Angelina filed for divorce. He and Thomas both previously struggled with alcohol — Brad got sober after the split — and their personal struggles helped inspire their art work while also bringing them closer together as friends. “Our mutual misery became comic. And out of this misery came a flame of joy in my life,” Brad says, adding that that he “always wanted to try” working as a sculptor. With titles like “Aiming At You I Saw Me But It Was Too Late This Time,” the pieces in the show clearly riff on themes of distress. “It’s all about self-reflection. I was looking at my own life and really concentrating on owning my own s—: where was I complicit in failures in my relationships, where have I misstepped,” Brad says. “For me, it was born out of ownership of what I call a radical inventory of self, getting really brutally honest with me, and taking account of those I may have hurt.”

Click through for more news …

RELATED: Brad Pitt’s most handsome onscreen moments

Victoria Beckham addresses David Beckham divorce rumors

Victoria Beckham’s been married to David Beckham for 23 years and she plans to keep it that way, despite the latest round of rumors to the contrary. Last month, photos of the designer showed she no longer has David’s initials tattooed on her left wrist, a change some outlets took as evidence the two might be calling it quits. But as Victoria told Hoda Kotb on “Today” on Thursday (Oct. 13), the truth is a bit less dramatic. “I had these tattoos a long, long time ago,” she explained. “And they just weren’t particularly delicate. My husband has so many gorgeous tattoos and the children do and they’re very fine. And they’ve had them created by the most phenomenal artists, but mine were just a little bit thick and they were bleeding a little bit and just not looking as pretty,” she continued. “They just didn’t look so nice. It doesn’t mean anything more than that. I think that the media started to speculate was I leaving my husband,” she added. “No. I was just a bit sick of the tattoo. It’s as simple as that.”

RELATED: Check out the best and worst dressed stars at New York Fashion Week 2022

Kevin Hart honors his late father in moving tribute: ‘Give mom a hug for me’

Kevin Hart is mourning the death of his father, Henry Robert Witherspoon. The comic, 43, shared a pair of touching tributes to his dad on Instagram this week, along with a series of father-and-son photos, including one in which his dad seems to be breathing with the help of medical tubes. “RIP to one of the realest & rawest to ever do it…Love you dad,” Kevin wrote on one set of pics. “Gone but never forgotten….Give mom a hug for me….y’all did good man,” he continued. “Thank you for everything….I’m a better father because of you 😢💪🏾🙏🏾 We will all make you proud….”. On the second post, he simply wrote, “RIP spoon …..😢🙏🏾.” The comedy world quickly responded to their friend’s loss in the comments, with Wanda Sykes, replying, “Sorry Kev. Sending you and your family lots of love,” and Chelsea Handler assuring the comic his dad “wouldn’t have left you before he knew you were good.” Wrote Marlon Wayans: “So sorry Kev. Love you. Keep making them proud brother.” Kevin’s mom, Nancy Hart, died in 2007 after a battle with ovarian cancer.

RELATED: Stars we’ve lost in 2022

Olivia Wilde sounds off on sexism, ageism and ‘projections’ about her parenting skills

Olivia Wilde has some words for critics of her personal life — and for that matter, her age — both of which became targets while she was promoting her new film, “Don’t Worry Darling,” starring Florence Pugh and Harry Styles. “Florence had a really wise comment that we didn’t sign up for a reality show,” Olivia tells Elle in the magazine’s November 2022 cover story. “And I love that she put it that way, because it’s as though the general public feels that if you are making something that you’re selling to the public, you somehow have accepted that your life will be torn to shreds by a pack of wolves. No, that’s actually not part of the job description.” She’s referring to the storm of rumors about her relationships with Harry, whom she’s now dating, and Florence, who was rumored (though never proven) to have been frustrated with the director. In recent months, Olivia’s faced online attacks from people demanding to know why her children don’t appear in paparazzi photos when she’s snapped with Harry. “I share custody of my kids with my ex. People assume I have abandoned my kids, like my kids are just somewhere in a hot car without me … The suggestion is that I have abandoned my role as a mother,” she says, adding that she simply “doesn’t let them get photographed” in the interest of their privacy. “Do you know the lengths that I go to to protect my kids from being seen by you?” she asks. Then there are the trolls who call her out for dating a man 10 years her junior, despite how common such age gaps are when the man is older. “It’s so interesting for me when that comes from women because I’m like, ‘Do you plan on not getting older? Or if you already are older, do you feel that you don’t deserve the same opportunities in life?'” she says. “It’s so sad to me to look at that and realize people have such small expectations for their own lives and they are projecting those expectations onto me. And I reject your projections.”

Stephen Colbert celebrates Alex Jones’ $1B Sandy Hook verdict

Infowars’ Alex Jones was ordered to pay $965 million in damages to the families of eight Sandy Hook shooting victims and one first responder on Wednesday (Oct. 12), as Stephen Colbert and his fellow late-night hosts were more than happy to relay to their audiences. “And tonight I come to you with a spring in my step, a song in my heart, emotionally and spiritually refreshed,” Stephen said at the start of Wednesday’s edition of “Late Night.” Because, you know how as humans, we have to accept the fact that sometimes bad things happen to good people? Well, by the grace of God, sometimes bad things happen to Alex Jones,” he said of the conspiracy theorist, who was sued over his baseless claims that the 2012 school massacre that killed 20 first-graders and six educators was a hoax. Noting the nearly $1 billion damages figure, Stephen hollered, “Whew! That’s a lot of money! You heard that right — billion with a capital ‘Byeee.'” As the audience applauded, he joked, “And that’s it. … Lot of other stories to talk about tonight but I’m just as happy to stand here and grin.” Over on ABC, Jimmy Kimmel was grinning, too. “Today was a rough day for the despicable and ridiculous Alex Jones,” he announced during the “Live!” monologue. “He tormented these families. He accused them of faking their children’s deaths,” Jimmy said. His take on the $965 million award? “I guess the good guys just won the Infowars, is what happened there,” the comic concluded. “Alex, of course, says he won’t pay a cent. He declared bankruptcy to try to protect himself — and had a full-on hissy fit as the verdict was read.”

‘Deadpool’ actor TJ Miller claims negative Ryan Reynolds comments were ‘misconstrued’

TJ Miller says his recent comments about Ryan Reynolds were “misconstrued” and there are no hard feelings between the “Deadpool” stars. During an appearance on SiriusXM’s “Jim Norton & Sam Roberts Show” on Wednesday (Oct. 12), the actor, who played Weasel in “Deadpool” and its sequel, addressed an anecdote he shared about Ryan on “The Adam Carolla Show” earlier this month in which he branded the star an “insecure dude” and said he would “not work with him again” after Ryan was allegedly “horrifically mean” to TJ in front of other cast and crew members on set. “It was really cool, he emailed me the next day,” TJ told the SiriusXM hosts this week. “It was a misunderstanding, so I emailed him back and now it’s, like, fine.” The actor went on to claim his story about Ryan had been turned into “clickbait” and was in reality “just me telling a story from on set that I thought was weird, that was it.” He did, however, acknowledge that he should have considered the optics of what he was saying before he said it. TJ’s comments about Ryan came after multiple public scandals, including a sexual assault allegation and claims he bullied a costar on “Silicon Valley.” He denied both allegations. In 2018, he was also arrested “for allegedly making a fake bomb threat” on an Amtrak train, according to Entertainment Weekly. The charges against him were subsequently dropped, with prosecutors citing his “prior brain surgery and its continued neurological impacts.” As for Ryan, TJ praised the Marvel star, as he claims to have done in the Adam Carolla interview. “He is so funny, which I always maintained, and he is so amazing in those movies and so that was kind of it, you know?” he said. “It’s so funny. I said all of these complimentary things and none of that shows up.”








Source: Read Full Article